Change

Change
Turning Over New Leaf

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Earthquake! Recipe for Disaster in Chile








By now, everyone is aware of the devastating earthquake that rocked the South American nation of Chile earlier this week claiming many lives. I was just surprised to see far less coverage of this disaster than I did following the destruction in Haiti from its quake. It just bothers me when I listen to newscasters indicate that Chile is richer and more prepared than its northern neighbor. I would like to know when our world priorities got screwed up. I thought Chile should be commended for its social progress, not penalized. Let's help these poor souls in their time of need - with equal enthusiasm!

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I also noticed that this story got far less attention than Haiti. A disaster is a disaster plain and simple. Who are we to pick and choose the people that need the most help? -jmp

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you on that. A disaster is a disaster. Who are we to pick and choose the people that deserve the most help? jmp

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.