Change

Change
Turning Over New Leaf

Monday, April 26, 2010

Lynn Hays - Love of Nature

        Slice of Life

Lynn Hays - Love of Nature

Artist, Lynn Hays, was born and raised in Wyoming, surrounded by the beauty, mountains, and open spaces of the American West. Lynn dedicated herself to the pursuit of art from childhood, when the surrounding splendor of the Cowboy State provided the experiences she needed for personal expression.
Over the years, Lynn has resided in various locales blessed with the diverse scenery of the United States. I introduced myself to her talent years ago in Santa Fe, New Mexico, where I purchased a magnificent painting with vivid coloration. The painting appears to come to life the more one gazes at its elegance. In fact, I cherish the piece more and more each time I stare at its brilliance and uncork fine claret, contemplating my own life experiences. The relationships of her colors remind me of my relationships to people I have known. It is easy to fixate on her art and see the coexistence of humanity and Nature. I particularly appreciate the feeling of freedom to glean my own interpretations from her creations.

I love her perspective on life.

7 comments:

  1. JJ: Wow on Lynn's painting! It has a great saturation of color and many things to explore. She's now on my list of artists to Google when I need a computer fix. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A-M: "[G]reat saturation of color and many things to explore." Like your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I like the contrast between the dark blue and bright fruits and flowere...

    ReplyDelete
  4. #167: Yes, all her coloration is vivid, with much contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have collected Lynn's art work since 1975 and you all would not believe the spectrum of her talent. She is a most amazing artist and incredible friend. Lynn's integration of nature and humanity is present in her work and in her spirit. You all may want to check out her giclee print on her website of the "Cottonwoods on the North Fork of the Wind Rivers" I was fortunate enough to be with Lynn the day she took that particular photograph outside her cabin on the North Fork of the Little Wind River on the Wind River Reservation in Wyoming. I love what you have said JJ about Lynn's art; you have hit at the heart of what she does as an artist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i obtained a lynn hays painting and need help identifying the name of the painting. it has birds carrying cherries while flying by a table with a blue & white vase on it with peaches in a bowl, there is also a teacup & saucer on the table with a blue liquid in it. e-mail me any help would be appreciated if u know anything about this painting. randityree@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey randityree@yahoo.com, that painting is from her mediterrain series, the painting is worth about 700.00 or more now, do you want to sell it and how much do you want. e mail me back at wawill45011@aol.com please ok

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.