Change

Change
Turning Over New Leaf

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Champion - A Winner!



Champion - A Winner!





© Copyright 2010 Gene Autry Entertainment. All rights reserved. http://www.geneautry.com/geneautry/champion/index.html



I was looking for posters in a place called Hobby Lobby in St. Augustine, Florida, this morning. As I was checking out, I overheard the lady in line in front of me say, "I can't find anybody who knows the name of Gene Autry's horse. Being an old Western fan, I blurted out "Champion." Of course, it was the correct answer. What I did not know was I gave the lady the final answer in a nationwide competition with a great deal apparently at stake. The rules of the game mandated that no one could ascertain answers via the internet, but there was no prohibition against asking strangers for answers. The questions are delivered in person to contestants, who must respond within one minute. Needless to say, I hoped my response was correct. The deliverer of the final question gave no indication whether the lady had been victorious. I looked it up when I arrived home.

I wish the lady belated congratulations on her victory.

4 comments:

  1. What a great concept - no internet.
    By the by, I'm probably going to use Lulu. Thank you for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please post more about the game? I have no clue how the work would work nationwide...other than via cell phones. What was the name of the game?

    No internet, and she is asking people in a store. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #167 Dad: Good luck on your publication.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A-M: I don't know the name of the game, but the key was that someone had to deliver the question in person, and submit the answer while the messenger was still present. I forgot the time limit, but it was something like 3 minutes. She did have a cell phone, but the person delivering the message listened to all conversations to be sure no one used Google. It was pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.