Change

Change
Turning Over New Leaf

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Embellished Tales of an American Consumer







Embellished Tales of an American Consumer
© 2007 by J J Botta. All rights reserved.







The Telephone Company (Continued)

In the 21st century, the telephone is no longer a luxury, remains the daily focus of the lifeless, and renders citizens as vulnerable as ever to worthless, petty invasions of privacy. Our lives have been simplified by cell phones, ID numbers, passwords, multiple lines, landlines, above-ground lines, underground lines, fax machines, printers, scanners, caller identification, security systems, hold buttons, traces, wiretaps, internet connections, multiple language selections, countless telemarketers, and my personal favorite, computer responses to all inquiries.
I actually bought one of the original cell phones for about $1800.00. My parents were proud to see their young entrepreneurial offspring lugging his suitcase-sized telephone everywhere. I was able to call anyone of twelve people on the eastern side of the Rockies at three different hours five days each week. That was the year I lost $1800.00.
Over time, like most clueless consumers, I dabbled with many telephone related gadgets and conveniences, until I came to the realization that all I needed to exist in the new technological era was a telephone. If I were able to have one installed in home, hassle free, for less than a year’s income, my life would be complete. My life was incomplete for quite a while.


                                     More to follow.........

3 comments:

  1. Hello, JJ. i am here to announce you that you are a winner of some other prices on my blog, that i received myself too. They are kind of pinkish with colorful spots on their frosting but they are cute and lovely :)
    please, excuse my english..i haven't slept for about 24 hours i think..as i remember...
    Mihaela - ArtJokey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mihaela: Thank you. You are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am enjoying this series of blog posts... You actually got a brick phone back then? LOL

    Waiting for more....

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.