Change

Change
Turning Over New Leaf

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Angeline-Marie: Very, Very Fine Artist







Angeline-Marie: Very, Very Fine Artist







About a year ago, I was searching for an exceptional local artist, whose work I could introduce to my Integrated Arts students at St. Leo University in Florida. In a formal analysis of visual art, we look for elements such as Form, Line, Shape, Color, Texture, Space, and Value, and principles such as Emphasis, Balance, Harmony, Variety, Movement, Rhythm, Proportion, and Unity. I needed an artist who painted with all these qualities and characteristics, whose work my students would actually like, learning along the way. I was fortunate to discover the website of Miami artist, Angeline-Marie Martinez. And what a find!

 “Angeline’s creative works inspire viewers to explore their own imaginative worlds through her vision. Her most extensive gallery is of modern landscapes full of abstract ideas and textures. Floridian colors and perspectives dominate, while other impressions are conjured from her travels and experiences. Angeline uses her existing environment combined with desire and passion. Her paintings nudge viewers into coming closer and conjures viewers’ visions of their own imagined places and pasts. Her landscapes are designed to ‘take you out of this world.’ ” And we love the journey!!

Angeline-Marie’s art celebrates nature, with a dark twist. This Award-Winning talent creates landscapes, figures, and animals with different materials such as beeswax, beach sand, found objects, and ink, and her visual voice is expressed in acrylics, mixed media, and encaustics.

Since last April, the artist, angered as we all are over recent damage to the environment, became focused on the Gulf of Mexico oil spill in a series of abstract landscapes she calls “Caliginosity.” The reality-inspired scenes of birds, fish, and other creatures are extremely moving.

Needless to say, I graduated from interested observer to loyal fan of this talented, creator of aesthetic splendor. I urge my readers to follow her creations at her Blog, Art Studio Reports by Angeline Marie (http://angeline-marie.blogspot.com/), and her website at Angeline-Marie’s Fine Art (http://www.angelinemarie.net/).

 She is World-Class.

7 comments:

  1. I work on the Gulf side of Florida. I saw her work when i went on vacation last summer and I like her paintings on the oil spill.

    Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon: Yes. Check out her website. The series is very moving.

    Amy: She is awesome. I like blogging with her because she always has something new and exciting to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip, JJ.
    Also, I enjoyed the Bradbury clip. I enjoyed his book on writing. I think it was called The Zen of Writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JJ: Oh...blush...wow...um...THANK YOU seems so little!

    Really? My paintings have all those qualities!????? Ok, now I really have to "strive for excellence!"

    As we all are learning, it is great to get comments! I would also enjoy reading some of the reviews and would be happy to publish them if the authors want. Questions, too, are always welcome, as they give fresh ideas.

    I just saw your new book about substitute teachers. Oh, the flashbacks....Know anyone who needs math supplies?

    ReplyDelete
  6. A-M: Your art is superb. I never say anything I don't mean!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.