Change

Change
Turning Over New Leaf

Friday, February 11, 2011

Life Is Good Award





Life Is Good Award

I am not big on awards for myself, but yesterday I had the honor of receiving one from a blogger I respect and admire. Thank you, Robin (Your Daily Dose). I am humbled, so I will answer the questions below:

1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this? If you aren't anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now?
I do nothing anonymously. Either I do it, or I don't.

2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side
I did not know how to answer this question, so I asked my wife. She made a noise and walked inside.

3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?
Me.

4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?
Imported Brown Ale.

5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
Exercise and read.

6. Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life?
Yes.

7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?
Probably, none of the above. I was always goal-oriented, and I have never failed to achieve one, although I am still working on several for quite some time.

8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?
When I adopted my Special Needs Araucanian Indian daughter, I threw a big party to celebrate. Many friends and family members refused to attend. They did not approve of the adoption.

 9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people and events?
I am always my true self. Other people and events are more interesting.

 10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?
I do have a choice. I love to read. I hate the phone.


 

16 comments:

  1. You deserve the award - congrats - btw - that is the name of my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, JJ. You deserve a nice award, and we all like learning a little more about you. Your answers are well-spoken and wise. Have a great weekend. Hope this week was better than your last.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your blog award and the adoption of your daughter!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  4. helen: Thank you. I did recognize the name, and it is a great one. Life is good!

    roxy: Thank you. This week was fantastic!

    Ames: Thank you. She is a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your answers are so concise! I am so happy for you about your daughter. I think that is wonderful. However, I know that it must have hurt your heart that some of the people who you love were not capable of opening their hearts and reaching out with love. In other words, disappointment can be a terrible pill to swallow. I am sorry for that. People don't seem to realize that more love creates move love, not less. I hope that some of those people have come round to a new of thinking. If not, it is their loss. ((Hugs)) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really should edit before I hit the "go" button. I meant "more" and not move. aaaggghhh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Robin. They did not come around. It hurt my wife's heart - and that's not a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, like they say on Family Feud, "Good answer! Good answer!
    As for all those people who declined your invitation, scrape 'um off, I say!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post made me smile (I LOVE to read and hate the phone too :). Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey JJ your daughter is very blessed to have such a wonderful & strong father. Even though I don't know you or your daughter personally I have this strong sense that you would respond to this by saying that it is you who is blessed one and I would have to agree! I have a brother with an disability & I work with young adults whom have disabilities and they are the most remarkable teachers in truly living and appreciating life one will ever know! To those family & friends that turned their back on you during this beautiful moment in your life , I would say they missed out on a very special & beautiful moment in life. They're loss!!
    Great answers & congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for this song...it's one of my all time favorites....a bit of sweetness and sadness! Love it! Congrats on your well deserved award! Hooray!....great questions and good answers..even the simple yes! Have a great weekend JJ!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed reading more about you and your life JJ. It takes people with big hearts to addopt a child with special needs. I have worked with many children and young adults who have brain injury and or complex learning needs, and it has brought me so much pleasure and joy and magic which i am sure your daughter has done the same. Family who are they to judge whats important is your love for your own family you live with. Have a lovely weekend, dee ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a pale ale guy, but I won't let that stand between us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Judie: Absolutely. I did.

    Miriam: You are wonderful.

    Katherine: Good to see you okay. Yes, I am very fortunate.

    Karen S: There is so much more to everyone's song.

    Dee: You are a very special person.

    Bruce: Very acceptable. I look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love to read and I will sneak in reading time just about any chance I get. :) And - that story of the party you threw for your adopted daughter - makes me sad. But I guess in the end it was a good filter to see who supported you and who didn't, yes? Have any of those previously unsupportive people had a change of heart since then?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hate the phone too. Congrats on your award.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.