Change

Change
Turning Over New Leaf

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Versatile Blogger Award








I am honored to have received The Versatile Blogger Award from 21 Wits, by Karen.

Now, I must do two things. First, I must reveal seven facts about me that my readers do not know. Then, I must bestow the award on 15 other bloggers.

So here goes:

1. The only state in the Union I have not visited is Oklahoma.
2. I am a rated chess player.
3. I hold a Certificate in International Wine Proficiency from a two year course I took at the World Trade Center. I used to have a fantastic wine cellar in New Hampshire, but sold it all when I moved to Florida ten years ago.
4. I once completed a Marathon in 4 hours and 12 Minutes.
5. I love Reggae music.
6. I hate carrots.
7. I hate perfume and scented fragrances. I would rather eat carrots.

One bonus fact: Don't ever expect me to show up wearing a tie.

I will now pass the award along to 15 deserving bloggers (It will be a task picking them out of many, many....).

Thank you again, Karen!

13 comments:

  1. A well deserved honor is bestowed on you and as a result we all know a bit more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. helen: Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If anyone deserves an award, JJ, it is you! I didn't know you hated carrots, but I am not at all surprised about the tie.

    I can barely play checkers, so I am in awe of your ability to play chess.

    My favorite wine is California seedless white.

    I couldn't run a marathon if someone put a gun to my head! Bravo for your skill!

    Did I send you an email about my current post? It is something rather important, so if you have a chance, will you stop by?

    If you get any books on Kindle, I want to be the first in line to download them!!!

    I HAVE been in every state in the U.S., and almost every province in Canada--Haven't visited Newfoundland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are well traveled even here in the U.S. and only about 10 minutes slower than my crazy wild sports man brother-in-law. I am totally shocked that you hate carrots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hearty Congrats on your award...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratualations on the award. I agree wholeheartedly with Karen, you do deserve an award for being such an amazing blogger. You always keep it interesting & you provide great brain food. Not to mention your support on your readers blogs as well. :)
    JJ .. you are a man full of so many surprises... I enjoy playing chess but I reckon I would stand a chance against a seasoned player such as yourself. I'm afraid I wouldn't be much of a challenge. It was fun getting to know a little more about what makes you tick.
    I intend on catching up on some reading this weekend .. will check out stories on your new blog then..cheers Kath :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's fun awarding these ...gives us a chance to take a peek into who we really are....and JJ have you ever tried boiling carrots in sugar water? Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all so much!

    Judie: I have been everywhere in Canada except the Queen Elizabeth Islands.

    Kath: You will never know unless we play a game or two.

    Karen: I have never considered such a meal, and since I usually avoid sugar, I would not have thought of it. I am willing to give it a shot. I'll let you know the result, but don't be offended if I am not a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Acutally boiling carrots with a little bit of honey .. makes for some very sweet & yummy carrots. A little bit like adding sugar, like Karens suggestion. After draining just add the smallest dob of butter & belisimo!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love carrots...and HATE scents/perfumes.

    Do you have allergies to that stuff, too?

    ReplyDelete
  12. A-M: I don't have allergies, but I hate carrots, mostly because of the texture. I actually can eat raw carrots, but cooked is YUCK.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.