Change

Change
Turning Over New Leaf

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Tough Weekend in Writing Land

untitled


It isn’t easy being green – or earning green. This was a tough weekend for writing. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, but I only saw it through my office window.

After toiling from Friday morning through Sunday evening at 8:00 pm, my book project was altered substantially. Even the cover is being changed.

Following three days of wasted work, all I can say is everything is normal. That is what life is all about. It owes me a few days, and it always seems to repay my efforts. I’ll let you know.



8 comments:

  1. We all have days like those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will all be worth it in the end...sending you positive thoughts, dee ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well yes in the end it all does work out...and the journey can be long...and weary, but the sun always comes out again (thankfully) in so many ways! Good luck through it all and have a much enjoyed week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your kindness. Things always work out, and I never slow down until the job is done. This weekend was tantamount to digging a hole, and then filling it in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this last night JJ and my mouth just dropped in an "ouch!".
    I admire you for putting in the work even if it feels that it was "wasted". But of course, it wasn't wasted, even if if your efforts of the weekend don't make the final cut.
    But then you already know this!
    I hope you get a day or two paid back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got writer's block, so I have emersed my self in other things until the creativity comes back. I don't consider it wasted time, but then I am not published and I don't have a monetary investment in my work yet. Hang in there. I admire your hard work!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  7. PAMO: Yo ho, yo ho, a writer's life for me. I think I plagiarized the tune from Disney. It's a lot like a champion fighter getting knocked down in the first round. The only thing that matters is raising your hands at the end of the contest.

    Ames: I really don't believe it is wasted time either, but so many folks give up easily and I figure one of my purposes in life is to demonstrate how NEVER to give up. That's why I reveal my frustrations in this blog. I will celebrate before long. I am always positive. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.