Change

Change
Turning Over New Leaf

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Keep Calling Until You Find One

tr-phone

Keep Calling Until You Find One

Would you like a brief recap of my afternoon?

First Call

“Yes, good afternoon.”

“How may I help you sir”?

“I seem to have lost my internet connection, but everything looks okay on my end. Can you help me”?

“It all checks out on this end too. It must be your computer.”

“Thank you. I’ll check it out again.”

Second Call

“Yes, good afternoon.”

“How may I help you sir”?

“I seem to have lost my internet connection, but everything looks okay on my end. I called before and they told me to re-check everything. I did, and it looks alright over here. Can you help me”?

“It all checks out on this end too. It must be your computer.”

“Thank you. I’ll check it out one more time.”

Third Call

“Hi. I called twice before because I lost my internet connection and I was told to re-check my computer. I have done that twice now, and everything looks okay on my end. Can you help me”?

“Certainly. Let me check it out from this end. One moment please. -  Sir"?

“Yes, I’m still here.”

“The problem appears to be on our end. We have to re-set your modem. Can you hold one more second please”?

“Of course, thank you.”

“Okay, sir. You’re up and running. Is there anything else I can do for you today”?

“No, thank you. You’ve been terrific. Have a great weekend.”

“You too, sir. Goodbye.”
.

17 comments:

  1. Third time lucky!

    Oh yes, this has happened to me before & it's terribly annoying. Lucky the third online tech person was willing to do what she is paid to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They say things come in 3's... deaths of prominent folk- to name one that always come to mind...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katherine: One must take it with a grain of salt, with plenty of pleases and thank yous.

    KBF: Shakespeare would say, "Methinks only two-thirds of our workforce is doing its job."

    ReplyDelete
  4. JJ, how many foreign languages do you speak? Or did you actually get someone whose first language is English?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judie: I speak five. I got two who spoke none.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea, sometimes it just seems like customre service has been flushed down the toilet. You've got a good attitude about it though, which is what always gets you the help that you need, sooner or later.
    Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miriam: Definitely. Getting upset only aggravates you, and gets you nowhere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! And to think I was commenting about a "can do" attitude in your last post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. JJ, I barely speak one, and my hearing leaves much to be desired! I keep telling these people that I can't hear, but it doesn't seem to help! Thank goodness I have my son, Keil, to sort things out for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is all too familiar. I used to think that somehow I could make the person on the other end understand me if I just slowed down and explained again. Now I get it, and just hang up and try again. It's the roulette wheel of the customer service industry isn't it?
    You did a great job of making this sound like a lot more fun and simpler than it probably was!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so, so proud of you, JJ. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Akseli: That is funny. I just responded to your post. I forgot all about this one.

    Judie: You're lucky. You don't have to listen to it.

    'Yellow Rose' Jasmine: Exactly. It is a roulette wheel. Unless you make it fun, you become frustrated and stressed.

    Thank you, Ms. Suze.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saint Jude JJ..... You have the patience of a saint. Some men I have known would be screaming profanities in the phone. You are too evolved for that.
    Manzanita@Wannabuyaduck

    ReplyDelete
  14. Manzi: Thank you very much. Rude behavior is loss of personal control.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh if this weren't so close to home it would be completely funny...although my spirits are up at the moment since our internet is working finally again...we've been there lately too, and they not only re-set the modem, replaced a bunch of stuff outside and inside after that, only to go again and just this morning it was once again on their end and they had to go change a "card" somewhere...so he says we're good to go again...but ......who knows right! Glad you're up and running again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was expecting the numbers game: 1 for _, 2 for _, BUT MY NEED IS NOT THERE! so try 0...and the loop begins.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A-M: You got that right. I am actually finishing a book exactly on that point.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.