Change

Change
Turning Over New Leaf

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Historical First: The White House is Relocating

wh
“Hold on Putin. I think I see R2-D2.”

In 1965, Barry McGuire became a popular name in the Rock world with his hit Vietnam protest single entitled, The Eve of Destruction. The first stanza and refrain lyrics  are:

 
The eastern world, it is exploding
Violence flarin', bullets loadin'
You're old enough to kill, but not for votin'
You don't believe in war, but what's that gun you're totin'
And even the Jordan River has bodies floatin'

But you tell me
Over and over and over again, my friend
Ah, you don't believe
We're on the eve
of destruction.


Very disheartening. Except for the fact that the inmates of yesteryear are now running the asylum, not much has changed. We do have some serious problems in the USA that we all must deal with rationally.

The news media, Al Sharpton, and Jessie Jackson have all weighed in on the George Zimmerman trial, just to be absolutely sure that racial tensions remain high. To me it is simple. If the defendant shot an unarmed human being without being in reasonable fear of his life, he deserves to be convicted. If he reasonably feared for his life, he should be acquitted. But that is me. I don’t make a living perpetuating hatred.

Immigration is out of control. We can make believe the issue is discrimination against Hispanics, but the truth is that people are crossing the Mexican border like Sudanese refugees.

Our foreign and domestic policy is all but non-existent when we aid the Muslim Brotherhood, thus insuring their foothold in Egypt, and then stand by while the country prepares for civil war. Meanwhile, our government officials are spying on our own people. No one wants to mention Muslim terrorists for fear of political incorrectness. Even the Fort Hood Massacre has been labeled workplace violence by non-veteran Attorney General Eric Holder, thereby rendering the victims of the slaughter ineligible for military benefits.

I hesitate to expound any further, since we have enough negativity in our lives. I am well-aware that many people intentionally avoid anything that even sounds negative for fear of being upset. Unfortunately, they are doomed to live the lives others choose for them.

Still, my purpose here is not to preach partisan politics. In fact, I am convinced that is why we are in such a mess. Voters cast ballots along strict party lines. I have no love for either major U.S. political party. I want to know the issues about which I vote. Nevertheless, I know many who simply vote blindly, without even knowing their party’s platform.

Where is this going? Yesterday, Democratic Senators introduced a Bill to establish a National Park on the surface of the Moon! It seems they are concerned that foreign powers might someday travel to the orb and disrupt or even steal some valuable artifacts of history, like the golf balls, or possibly erase Neil Armstrong’s footprints. Now I loved Neil. I consider him a true patriot and an American hero. However, in case no one has noticed, American patriots died in the Benghazi attack and we don’t care.

I understand that Democrats have a political philosophy that many believe is sincere and valid. I also believe the party itself must perpetuate a dependent lower economic class or disappear. That is what America is all about, and I applaud diverse opinions. However, if I were a Democrat who votes blindly along party lines, I would be quite embarrassed today, despite the fact that our great nation might just be better off if the White House were relocated to the Sea of Tranquility.

7 comments:

  1. If you weren't sure that our Representatives were just looking for ways to fritter away our tax dollars, now you know for sure! A National Park on the moon!!! I can't think of any spending more wasteful than that, by golly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin: If you look hard enough, I am certain you can find something worse.

      Delete
  2. No comment, lots of stuff, I'm still mulling it over...going to be awhile!

    I hate it when people make me think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. joeh: The very fact that you think about these things is terrific. I wish everyone did.

      Delete
  3. The moon seriously? Gee whiz somebody please let me know if it's aliens or little green-men that are running the show around here. Yikes! On a much happier and meaningful note, I cannot believe you missed this!

    http://twincitiesblather.blogspot.com/2013/07/sepia-saturday-184-6-july-2013-pretty.html?showComment=1373228891121#c9044643689949982872

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen: I checked it out and I thank you for the positive thought. It is indeed much happier.

      Delete
  4. Lately, politically, I feel like I live on the moon- or maybe like I might be better off there...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.