Change

Change
Turning Over New Leaf

Monday, September 16, 2013

Branding Your Life

tat


Washington D.C. has proposed 65 pages of new regulations for tattoo parlors. According to the regulations, tattoo artists are forbidden to tattoo any person for at least 24 hours after a customer requests it.

In my opinion, this proposal shocks the American conscience. Not because stupid, drunken people wake up in strange places bearing tattoos with mysterious meanings, but because the morning-after birth control pill has been made available to people of any age without a prescription. A sexually active eleven-year old needs no regulation, but the fifty-year old guy must wait 24 hours before imprinting “Mom” on his bicep.

America definitely has its priorities straight.

. . .

7 comments:

  1. More insanity. I am pretty sure that they are going to regulate small business so completely that they all go out of business.

    BTW, I dedicated something to you on the Thursday post. I hope you like it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin: I agree. That is the real problem.

      Also, I did respond to your post earlier today. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. It's pretty scary when you start thinking about a "sexually active eleven year-old girl," though I know they're out there. I agree that the time and money spent on delaying the decision for tattoos is ridiculous.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie: It would be hard to disagree with that.

      Delete
  3. At least require the 24 hour wait only after failing a breathalyzer test.

    This might be the most ridiculous requirement I have ever heard of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. joeh: I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I'm sure I could find a more stupid regulation out there somewhere.

      Delete
  4. No doubt, this is in the Affordable Healthcare Act...

    koffkoffbullshitkoffkoff

    More wasted tax payer $$$$$$$

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.