Change

Change
Turning Over New Leaf

Friday, October 24, 2014

Are Terrific Buns Important?

fat


Would you believe it is possible for KFC to be larger than the State of Kentucky? According to the Huffington Post, change is on the horizon. It appears likely to reach its peak during our children’s lifetimes. In fact NASA is already training a team of (Russian) astronauts to explore the future corporate planet for signs of life.

Like most fast food conglomerates, KFC is progressing. Many healthy Americans have been enjoying the "Double Down King," complete with two slabs of fried chicken, covered with bacon and doused with a cholesterol-fighting cheese spread for years. That is all about to change.

Our loved ones are soon to be blessed with the "Zinger Double Down King." This lump of power food is Bun-less (presumably to cut back on caloric intake). The fried chicken in this delicacy is infused with an energetic meat patty in the middle along with an appetizing, low-salt, low-calorie mystery sauce to get that heart pumping. The new item went on sale in South Korea this month, probably to make certain their soldiers could catch any North Korean spies running across the border.
 
 
 

I can’t wait for Super Bowl Sunday so I can kill two birds with one stone. I plan to purchase five dozen of these beauties for the guys at my party. I am sure to go right to the top of their popularity list. It will also elevate me in the eyes of their wives and girlfriends who will not have to worry about being dragged to the boring game next year.

 
. . .

24 comments:

  1. Maybe they are following Hardees' motto of 'We're fatty and unhealthy and we don't care?'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex: I'm a long-term thinker. They should have 3 customers left by 2025, and one of those might even leave voluntarily before then.

      Delete
  2. It's all in the "mystery sauce!" I admit I used to binge on their popcorn chicken now, and then, but this looks like it could scare away every heartburn remedy. Looking forward to hearing more about your new WIP, JJ!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie: Forget the heartburn. I think there is a warning about not eating one if you happen to have a heart.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a deliciously fun time! I do enjoy a good mystery, except when it comes to sauces! Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen: It is. If you happen to be a hyena, it goes down very smoothly.

      Delete
  4. They need to add some bacon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joeh: They definitely kept the bacon on both sides. The real big addition is the real meat patty and the secret no calorie, cholesterol fighting wonder sauce.

      Delete
  5. Yikes. They should call it The Heart Attack or The Artery Clogger or maybe The Fat King.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin: Maybe we are mutating as a species.

      Delete
  6. Ewwwww. That's all I can think of to say, errr, write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liza: That's because you are a lady. Speak to me in person and I would tell you what I really think.

      Delete
  7. The trick to fast food is to drive by fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda: One would think there is a natural human aversion to such a meal. I couldn't even imagine a lion letting the gazelle go free for a shot at the mystery sauce.

      Delete
  8. Where is your tongue? Is it in your cheek?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manzi: About a dozen of those meals and you couldn't see my tongue through my jowls!

      Delete
  9. Dear JJ,
    sounds to me as if Gwyneth P. is the star on your guest-list?
    If she isn't: go and suggest her name to tempt nations to tuck in into this mystery burger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Britta: I would like to buy her a bicycle pump so she could re-fill her head and go on a world tour.

      Delete
  10. Oooo JJ...that's one nasty burger! Not even the mystique of the mystery sauce could get me to try even one bite out of that thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine: It's just like eating what the girl in the picture is holding.

      Delete
  11. Funny. Best to avoid any places that have drive through windows! They ain't healthy.

    I like your new design and pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise. Good idea. Thanks for the comment on the new blog look. BTW, I am unable to access your blog. The message says something about access to your profile.

      Delete
    2. Oh my. I better check into that. Thanks, Denise
      http://mdenisecostello.com

      Delete
    3. Denise: I will try again.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.