Change

Change
Turning Over New Leaf

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Halloween Reminder: Macabre Figures Frighten Adults More Than Children

dws2


Since I was a little kid, I always loved Halloween. To me, the scarier the better. Even at age four, I laughed at witches, ghosts, goblins, ghouls, monsters, and skeletons. However, not all children are alike. It is a shame to scare the little ones too much.

Therefore, as a lesson to all you adults out there, I have decided to trick or treat this year. I have picked out my costume and I stand ready to take my neighborhood by storm. I am certain people will not take kindly to the nightmare they will view as I approach their doorsteps.

Some of you might think I am way out of line, but my intentions are good. Adults should be made aware of the horrors that plague us, especially in the adult world. Although my costume might turn a few stomachs, the real horror will be the actual recording from the persona I will play as unsuspecting homeowners open their doors with hands full of candy treats. I will specifically make it a point to avoid households where the elderly or the infirmed reside. I simply want adults to feel the kind of panic that befalls their children when confronted with the bad dream I will personify on October 31st.

With a special warning to the State of Florida, which is more susceptible than others, the night tremors are lurking. Beware! This year, I am trick or treating as the forthright leader of the blind-in-mind, Debbie Wasserman Shultz.
 
 

. . .

10 comments:

  1. Scare them RED JJ! Debbie Wasserman Schultz is scarier than Ebola .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda: I don't want to be too mean, but she is a double-talking ideologue.

      Delete
  2. I had to Google her. Pretty scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi JJ .. can't comment re Ms Schultz - but I'm glad I'm this side of the pond .. if you're a wandering ghoulishly over the 31st ... don't eat too many of the kids' sweets, otherwise you'll be sick and that won't make your costume smell 'great' .. cheers and enjoy -Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilary: She might not be the Devil incarnate, but she is a politician - or is that the same thing?

      Delete
  4. Dear JJ,
    of course I had to google her - otherwise I would have been quite in the dark. Which you might disturb in America - in Germany we have our own specters.
    Halloween - imported modestly about 20 years ago, now is hyper-hyper - feast of the tradespeople who earn a lot of treats with their tricks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Britta: I understand. Specter is a perfect word for politician.

      Delete
  5. I so want to see this in real life! I too, will be going out as usual, going back to my normal costume of choice, which I may post about (you'll see it then) I join with my children and their children in each neighborhood and it is a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen: When we first moved to Florida, we bought our granddaughter a Halloween costume. It was about five sizes too large. Why? Because in New Hampshire they went trick or treating with a heavy coat.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.