Modern Medicine?

Doctor
Modern Medicine?

A woman went to the doctor's office where she was seen by one of the younger doctors. After about four minutes in the examination room, she burst out screaming as she ran down the hall.

An older doctor stopped her and asked what the problem was, and she told him her story. After listening, he had her sit down and relax in another room.

The older doctor marched down the hallway back to where the young doctor was writing on his clipboard.

"What the hell is the matter with you"! the older doctor demanded.

" Mrs. Terry is 71 years old, has four grown children and seven grandchildren, and you told her she was pregnant"?

The younger doctor continued writing and without looking up said, " Does she still have the hiccups"?

.

Comments

  1. Ha ha....I like that one. For once, the young doctor outwitted the old one. :)
    Manzanita@Wannabuyaduck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, this is cool....shocked them right out of her! I'm still laughing....didn't see that coming! Have a great fun-filled and exciting week ahead....in this new season of leaves falling...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. modern medicine indeed! thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friends: I thought it was pretty funny. My friend John G. sent it to me and I laughed about it all day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! Thanks! Modern medicine at its best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FanaticoUm: Yes. It is the same old story, but with a new twist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very funny, JJ. I'll share this one with my mother. We've spent too much time lately in hospitals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My new grandson has the hiccups all the time. Is he pregnant???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miriam: I though so as well.

    Roxy: Please do. She'll get a kick out of it.

    Galen: The little guy is too smart to run to the doctor for every hiccup.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If my doctor told me I was pregnant, I'd be calling the Enquirer with my story. It ought to be good for a few bucks, but even more laughs!

    Hiccups are not to be sneezed at! A case of hiccups that won't go away can be physically and mentally debilitating. Still a good, joke, however!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Judie: There's always a first!

    ReplyDelete
  12. JJ, Rod's fixed, I've been spayed, so if that happens, you can look for a star in the east!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Judie: You would make millions!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sooo funny JJ ... needed a laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Strikes me as cruel and unusual, and very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rob-bear: Thank you. It hit me the same way. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other Works by JJ Botta

My books are available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and numerous Bookstores. Amazon.com AND Barnes and Noble