All in the Same Boat

boat
All in the Same Boat

As you all know, I have been blogging much less for a month or so. I attempted to check in occasionally with many of you, just so you know I am alive and well and living in St. Augustine. 

One must practice what he preaches. I have been struggling with some business issues lately, particularly since there were some unexpected delays I encountered with respect to the release of my latest book. These delays necessitated the cancellation of several marketing events I was counting on, and pushed back other priorities in my life until I was able to overcome my problems.

As I have stated many times over the last two blogging years, I have learned to spend 5% of my time on problems and 95% on solutions. Thus, I pushed off several things I enjoy immensely, such as blogging, so as to focus on my situation. 

Today, the delay has ended! My latest publication has been released, and is listed with Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, and other retail establishments, and I am one happy camper. I am still busy with so many things to which I over-committed, but the big pressure is off.

What I have learned is that while I was so focused on solving my personal problems, so many of my fellow bloggers have been experiencing downtime of their own. I received many e-mails from my online friends who expressed apologies of their own for not blogging as much as they would like to have done. I guess we all feel a sense of commitment to each other in the blogging world, and we do not wish to slight our friends in any way. 

I am just thrilled to have so many blogging friends and I do recognize that we all go through ups and downs. I smiled all the way through, and I hope you did the same. I believe I am back in the groove now, and if there is anything I can do to help any of you through your difficult times – even if only a kind, positive word – let me know.

Thanks for sticking with me.
.

Comments

  1. So happy about your book, and very glad you are, or will be back to blogging more again! i sure miss your posts...but I also miss your popping in and out with awesome comments along my own posts, and those of others that we follow along with! I love your gentle reminders to Judie too, she too is one of my favorite blogger friends! Take care...and yes, blog more! Okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh?? You were away?? Uh, o.k., JJ, welcome back. HAHAHAHA! Just kidding!! I knew you would resurface eventually, and figured you were tied up with publisher, bookseller stuff, and of course your teaching schedule.

    Serious, I love it when you challenge our little pea brains. Well, Karen doesn't have a pea brain--she's AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JJ, that is such wonderful news about your book, I am happy for you! It must be such a relief to have it all sorted. I agree wholeheartedly with Judie, visiting your blog, reading your posts and being challenged with an array of questions, is great stimulation for the old grey matter. I just love visiting with you! I want to thank you for your kind comments as well on my own blog...cheers from the land of Oz, Kath :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So it wasn't just my imagination that there wasn't so much of JJ going on. I wondered, but then I thought about what you had told me once about blogging however much is fun and meaningful for me.
    I can't believe you took the time to have a little back and forth with me about Tony Bennett the other day with everything that you've had going on.
    I guess we really are all in this together.
    Thanks and so happy about your new book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will be always following you, whether you post everyday or once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your book. That must be an awesome feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen S: Thank you. I miss my friends as well.

    Judie: I think I was a little pea brained to think my project would go smoothly. I should know better. However, I'm back.

    Katherine: Even during my blogging layoff, I peeked in at your site for inspiration. I cherish the wisdom of my friends.

    'Yellow Rose' Jasmine: We really do make friends in this medium. It is amazing how much I think about what's going on in everyone's life, even though we're spread out all over the place.

    FanaticoUm: Thank you. I feel the same. I have learned so much from your site.

    Karen M: It is. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're awesome JJ!!! I am so relieved to hear that the book situation has been taken care of :), Miriam@Meatless Meals Foe Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miriam: You gave me the positive vibes. Right after your post wishing me well, my book was listed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other Works by JJ Botta

My books are available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and numerous Bookstores. Amazon.com AND Barnes and Noble