The Russians Got This One Right

valley of geysers
Geysers, Valley of. Photograph. Encyclopædia Britannica Online. Web. 11 Dec. 2011. <http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/media/156989/Valley-of-Geysers-in-the-Kronotsky-Nature-Reserve-on-the>.

The Russians Got This One Right

There is a 2.8 million acre chunk of paradise in Russia called the Kronotsky Nature Reserve on the Kamchatka Peninsula. What makes this place so special is that we can’t see it.

Unlike so many supposed wilderness areas on this planet, this remote one is reserved for Nature itself. The theory is that the area is simply too spectacular and too delicate to be destroyed by man.

Kronotsky is home to forests, geysers, tundra, rivers, lakes, eagles, fish, and a healthy supply of Brown Bears enjoying life amidst an ecosystem untouched by humans.

01a-kronotsky-nature-reserve-kamchatka

The secret to the preservation of the area is called zapovednik in Russian, which translates to “a restricted zone.” In short, leave it alone!

I agree wholeheartedly.
.

Comments

  1. You took the words right out of my head!.. lol
    I was thinking that as I was reading your post.. I bet the wildlife love it!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is good that there are still some rare natural places still perserved. I also hope it will continue so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KBF: I am sure the animals love it. We do not have to destroy to enjoy.

    FanaticoUm: I agree. We should also do the same in the USA. There is much to visit here, and we need not trample on everything in Nature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely, and if only there were a few more around like this.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen:I agree. They got this one right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the picture is stunning. Looks like the world before humans arrived and stuffed it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi JJ .. I sincerely hope this remains true - I'm cynical .. when it warms up - what then. Beautiful part of the world though .. and like you and your readers I wish there many more of them - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. KB: I agree. That's how I picture NZ, where I have never traveled (Someday, I hope).

    Hilary: Me too. It is beautiful. I am not sold on the warm-up, however. Is Al Gore Russian? In any event, if Nature plans the alteration of the wilderness, it works for me. If man does, it is a pity - amd a crime against Nature.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds lovely. Hope there aren't too many photos of it. Too tempting to try to go see it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Galen: Selected Russian scientists are occasionally permitted to take photos by helicopter. Nothing gets trampled in the delicate environment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. O.k., so if no one is allowed to go there, was that photo taken by another bear? Just curious!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks magnificant! I wish there were more places in the world like it!

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Judie: As I indicated to Galen, selected Russian scientists are occasionally permitted to take photos by helicopter. Nothing gets trampled in the delicate environment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carol: Me too. There probably is unspoiled wilderness around, but man is always curious, ignorant, and greedy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Are the Russians known for their commitment to ecology? Happy Holidays, JJ!

    ReplyDelete
  16. #167 Dad: Definitely not, thus the title, The Russians Got This One Right.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Miriam: I agree. I wonder how many people feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other Works by JJ Botta

My books are available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and numerous Bookstores. Amazon.com AND Barnes and Noble

Mystery

Mystery

Coming Soon!

Coming Soon!