Little Miss Dynamite

lee

Does anyone remember Miss Brenda Lee? Back in the 1960s, she was indeed Little Miss Dynamite.

Born Brenda Mae Tarpley in Atlanta, Georgia, Lee topped only by The Beatles, Elvis Presley, and a couple of others, launched 37 top rockabilly, country, and pop hits.

With powerful vocals, this 4’9” child prodigy could blow out the speakers on a Hi-Fi set with no trouble at all.

When people speak of American Idol-like talent today, many older Americans think of Brenda Lee. She set the bar few modern, audio-enhanced pop singers could clear.




.

Comments

  1. What a powerful voice from such a tiny person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin: Yes. It remindes me of that little girl opera singer from one of the talent shows. She shocked the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that little girl opera singer. Knock me over with a feather! And thanks for reminding me of Brenda Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi JJ .. I certainly remember her - she had a beautiful strong voice .. great reminder of how successful she was ..

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, JJ, we did it! We bought a house in Brunswick, Georgia! We're coming home, my friend! I'll keep you posted on the moving date, and we can meet again for dinner in Fernandina Beach!!!

    Second, Brenda was born in a suburb of Atlanta, in Cobb County. Back then, we didn't call that area a suburb--we called it "the sticks." What a talent she had! When she was just a little thing, her daddy would set her up on a bar in a nightclub, and she would sing for tips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Galen: I agree. I also thanked the person who reminded me about Brenda. Great memories.

    Hilary: Anyone who could leave positive memories for others is a success in my book.

    Judie: I could not be more thrilled! Keep me posted, and welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Known for more than rockin' around the Christmas tree...
    Very cool. I didn't know she was a tiny person. Always fun to know some behind the scenes info.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jasmine: I forgot about "Christmas Tree."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other Works by JJ Botta

My books are available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and numerous Bookstores. Amazon.com AND Barnes and Noble