Irony


 


This morning, I sat on my porch, as is my custom, thinking about traveling and enjoying everything human beings can possibly accomplish before I depart someday for my home planet.

While I was dreaming, I noticed more birds than one might see in an aviary enjoying the seed we use to fill the bird feeders daily. I realized the feathered creatures consume their daily meals in safety, free from the squirrels that drive the birds away from my neighbors’ properties.

In my yard, where the birds flourish, sit my two large bird dogs, patrolling their territory.

That is ironic.

.
  

Comments

  1. The word is going to get out and the birds will multiply. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miranda: That's funny because that is exactly what they are doing. Our trees are filled with nests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that life is chock full of irony. Just depends on how hard you are looking...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin: I absolutely agree. I look for it once in a while, or I find it when it hits me in the head, but it is there in every day life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes, but perfect for the birds! Good work pups!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ironic and funny. What do the birds know about bird dogs anyway? Nothing at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining my blog - I like yours too and have joined!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen: I wonder if they know.

    L.W.Roth: I think they know they are there. That's why they decided to fly millions of years ago.

    ayala: Yes!

    Jenny Woolf: Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This just made me smile, broadly and slowly and with great satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jasmine: It is just like life should be - in harmony.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The dogs are on patrol; they know which birds can come in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. PS You mean there exist animals that will get rid of squirrels? I might buy one and keep it on my balcony - they run up here and dig up the spring bulbs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jenny: Not if you have two large bird dogs. They do not tolerate the competition.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other Works by JJ Botta

My books are available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and numerous Bookstores. Amazon.com AND Barnes and Noble