A Veteran’s Day Salute


headstone

On this Veteran’s Day, as I do every year, I remember that my dad survived as a second wave member of the invasion forces at Normandy beach during WWII.

The Invasion of Normandy established the Allied forces in France in 1944. It was the largest amphibious operation ever to take place.

In the weeks following the invasion, Allied forces faced horrific combat encounters, but managed to break the back of the German forces in Europe at the tremendous cost of human lives.
 
My dad was one of the lucky ones, and so was I. The wonderful life I have led is the direct result of his efforts and the efforts of all those who sacrificed so much that my generation should live in freedom.

Salute them. Honor them. Respect them. We all have a moral obligation to do so.

 
This week on the Disconnected Traveler:
 
 

Comments

  1. Here's to you father! I'll honor him along with my Uncle Ron who served in Vietnam, my Uncle Jack who served in Korea, and my Uncle Wick "Elmer Wickstrom" who served in the Pacific theater, Korea and Vietnam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice tribute to your father! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia. It means a lot.

      Delete
  3. Lovely tribute and reminder. It's so important to remember what has been bestowed upon on by those who fought so valiantly for our freedoms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jasmine: Thank you. Please follow my newest Blog.

      Delete
  4. Yes, indeed. Every day is Veterans Day, because they deserve our honor and respect and gratitude all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Galen: I believe most Americans feel that way.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Other Works by JJ Botta

My books are available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and numerous Bookstores. Amazon.com AND Barnes and Noble

Mystery

Mystery

Coming Soon!

Coming Soon!