Pauley P: You Gotta Love Her


abby

To NCIS fans who love her, including me, she is Abs. But Pauley Perrette is much more than a name or a character. This terrific multi-faceted American, New Orleans-born actress is also a published writer, a singer, and an advocate for many great causes.
 
Perrette did not come up the easy way. Her ambitions included working with animals, being a rock star, FBI agent, and most of all, a forensic scientist. However, her actual employment included the less glamorous fields of bartending, roller skate serving at Taco Bell, and cooking on a dinner cruise boat. Nevertheless, as a role model for all of us, she continued her education through graduate school in a variety of fields and eventually entered the entertainment world.
 
After years of bit parts and TV commercials, she landed her current role, playing Abby Sciuto, an eccentric forensic scientist, on NCIS, a TV series based on the Naval Criminal Investigative Service. Those of you who have not seen the show are missing a treat, and Perrette is a superstar.
 
Pauley P, as she is known among friends, supports many charitable organizations, including animal rescue and the American Red Cross. She also donates heavily to organizations seeking the location of missing persons and other law enforcement causes.
 
I love people born without golden spoons in their mouths, who work hard to succeed. My followers know my attitude: Successful people do what unsuccessful people are unwilling to do. Pauley P is successful, and I love her as a role model.
 


Comments

  1. Dear JJ,
    I like this post very much but, more than the post, your attitude towards live. If everybody would face their short lives with similar attitude, the world would be much better, in particular to them!
    (Please see my answer to your last comment on our blog).
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, she is a perfect roll model. I always get such high energy watching that show, as all the characters rock in their own special way. I am a bit angry, over the shot out over dinner and the result of 2 deaths. Just in case or someone else hasn't seen that show- Also, when I watch that show I appreciate how they all are team players- but more than that, they are like family! We should all have jobs like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen: That seems to be the secret with all successful shows. When the cast relates well, we feel it.

      Delete
  3. She's successful because she is comfortable in her own skin.. She knows what she wants, says what she wants, and does right... I'd love to have a friend like her.. She'd have my trust for sure... I wished I had named my cat after her character.. yep my cat is very sure of herself!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit that I don't watch this show, however this lady sounds like a very interesting person. And, I agree with your philosophy. I always enjoy seeing people get success, when they have earned it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle: Earning it is the key.

      Delete
  5. ...I'm a big fan of Pauley. Without her, I believe NCIS would've been put to rest quite some time ago ;)

    El

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. El: What's not to love. She's great!

      Delete
  6. She's my favorite character on the show, partly because she reminds me so much of my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan: I have one of those myself.

      Delete
  7. She does sound like a wonderful person on and offscreen. Young girls do need more positive role models, and she really fits the bill. Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie: She is wacky, but she shows our kids that it is cool to be smart. We need more of that, and less Real Plastic Housewives of Fantasyland.

      Delete
  8. It's a pity so much of the limelight gets shone on the celebrities who cause/get into trouble, as opposed to those who actually do good. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gabriel: Exactly. There was a time when celebrities were a positive influence on youth. That is hard to find today. They are out there, but not in the limelight.

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a great role model. I didn't know about her, but I don't watch tv.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miranda: I watch TV about two hours per week, and I mostly look through it, but Abs is quite a character.

      Delete
  10. Not that I'm familiar with her, but I'm familiar with your statement. I would LOVE to read a book written by someone who has personally suffered great losses or great pain and arose above it. I'm tired of reading books written by people with no sense of survival and only great gifts and accomplishments to brag about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lotta joy: There is one Oriental philosophy I have always tried to live by: "Nothing is impossible to the willing mind."

      Delete
  11. She is great as both a role model and an actress. I love her in NCIS.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gina: I do as well. I applaud hard work and the resulting success.

      Delete
  12. Never heard of her or seen the show--I'm another one of those who doesn't watch much TV, but it sounds like she is doing her part to inspire the folks who watch her show. Good for her.

    Lee
    Wrote By Rote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee: There is not much on that is worth watching today. Positive role models are what our children need. She makes it "cool" to be smart.

      Delete
  13. I'm happy to learn more about her. I love NCIS. Ziva is my absolute favorite, but Abby is right up there with her. Thanks for telling us more about her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love NCIS!!!!! Am totally addicted! As for my favorite character...cannot truly choose one.

    I also enjoy the spin off NCIS LA. I've always loved L.L. Cool J, and the show has some great characters besides his.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other Works by JJ Botta

My books are available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and numerous Bookstores. Amazon.com AND Barnes and Noble

Mystery

Mystery

Coming Soon!

Coming Soon!