Think


light

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward


If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.

Jum Rohn


Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.

Mark Twain


Experience is not what happens to you; it's what you do with what happens to you.

Aldous Huxley


Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences; wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism.

Barry Goldwater


. . . 

Comments

  1. It's a difficult skill to master but I am adjusting my sails and sailing with the wind. I'll get there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and thoughtful quotes. Whenever I have been asked if I am an optimist or pessimist I have always answered with a hearty: "I am a realist!" We must constantly be adjusting to our surroundings and situation. Must be why I love dance so much- always balancing, changing weight over the feet and adjusting the moves to how much room there is between you and the other dancers.
    Love your Mark Twain quote. I will share it with my husband who has long been a Mark Twain fan.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other Works by JJ Botta

My books are available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and numerous Bookstores. Amazon.com AND Barnes and Noble

Mystery

Mystery

Coming Soon!

Coming Soon!