A Simple Dream


hook


A Simple Dream


I definitely do not mean a dream in the sense of imagined thoughts while I sleep. I mean more of a wish. I have always had a conscious desire to achieve a goal that has eluded me my entire life. Maybe, being a Hemingway fan has infiltrated my psyche.

Imagine, as I do often, being alone on a remote island somewhere on the planet, fishing, and breaking a world record. As the avid fisherman I am, breaking a world record would give me a great deal of satisfaction.

Yet, my dream is a little different. It certainly differs from Hemingway’s vision. I want to be alone when I break the record, and I don’t want to simply break the record, but smash it for all time. After a tremendous battle, I want to land the monster fish on the shoreline.

And here is the catch: I would let it go, with no proof of ever having seen it. I would say that’s pretty simple.
 
. . .

Comments

  1. I have a dream that I will wake up one morning and have no pain. I also dream that one day all my body parts will once again work in concert and allow me to hit a pure, clean shot on the golf course like I used to. I don't care if anyone sees that shot or not, I just want it to happen for my own edification and enjoyment.

    Right now, I am kinda sorta writing again--something I haven't done in several months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judie: I would gladly give up my dream if I could give you yours. My best, my friend.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, JJ. I promise we'll get together sometime during the summer and maybe have lunch.

      Delete
    3. Judie: I would love it. I hope you are doing okay. See you soon.

      Delete
  2. It's the ability to dream that, I believe, makes us human.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gabriel: I agree. Imagination is the spark that makes human life exciting.

      Delete
  3. I completely agree, and after reading your most desired dream, I feel myself imagining that you have just completed that dream. Bravo, what a great, masterful catch of all time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A worthy dream, I'd say. I never articulated it in so many words, but I used to have 40-pound test on my fishing rod. Just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nah - cook it and eat it! :-)

    I'd love to travel - to just take off and go where we want, for as long as we want, without having to worry about finances or schedules. To take our family along, provide what they want/need, and just have a great time together! Even if just for a month before coming back to reality. How awesome would that be??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it. Being alone on an island. Battling nature. Being strong enough to let go. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and my husband are cut from the same bolt of cloth.
    I knew there was something so familiar about you... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you just left a comment on my blog about your priorities. I see a very large fish in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  9. An attainable dream I reckon! If anyone can do it JJ, I reckon you can! I have a few dreams, some will probably only ever remain dreams but there a few that I can see coming true!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other Works by JJ Botta

My books are available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and numerous Bookstores. Amazon.com AND Barnes and Noble

Mystery

Mystery

Coming Soon!

Coming Soon!