Adam’s Rib With a Vengeance

  rosie    
 
Well friends, it is good to re-surface. I have been away for a couple of months since my wife and I decided to move. It did not take long and all went well. We are in our new abode and we are very happy. I still have to sell the St. Augustine home, but we are working on it.
 
Anyway, with the obligations we had to deal with regarding the move, I took some time off from blog writing. Dozens of times I wanted to post, but I got so carried away with the content that I felt I would get too bogged down. Nevertheless, I inadvertently listened to a feminist on TV spouting off about the evils of the masculine gender and thought it was about time to renew my effort to become an open-minded sarcastic S.O.B. who actually does like all people from all walks of life. Well, maybe not all.
 
I sat down for some relaxing television time this week, as if that were possible. The spark ignited under my chair when I heard a 20-something female of the species (I’m almost certain) calling all men “misogynistic.” I really had to look it up because her interpretation of the word mirrored that of a popular online dictionary – “a hatred of women, as a sexually defined group.” I started thinking about it and decided she must be wrong. I kinda like women. So I began to explore social media to determine whether I was missing something, which probably would have made the feminist I was watching on TV very happy. Here is some of what is going on out there on what used to be known as Earth, before the discovery of Colorado.
 
Let’s begin with English actress Emma Watson from the Harry Potter series who recently enlightened us with the following quote: “Gender equality not only liberates women, but also men from prescribed gender stereotypes.” Makes sense to me. I have no idea what the hell that means, but I am considering changing my name to Tarzan.
 
Moving on, the following 17-second video used to promote season ticket sales has been removed from the team’s advertising campaign after feminist fans of Major League Soccer’s Vancouver Whitecaps complained that it was a sexist advertisement. Makes sense to me.
 
 
I wonder if that was lite beer the gals were drinking? Anyway, the complainers must have missed the three people in the row behind them. Perhaps they were confused. They are called “men.”
 
Further investigation revealed that in the feminist mindset, marketing nutrition bars is sexist. Unlike protein bars that promote muscles and energy, nutrition bars, which target health and weight-conscious consumers, are aimed at women. The implication is obvious to feminists. Women are being stereotyped as the weaker sex. Makes sense to me. Every guy wants to be benched pressed by his wife as often as possible.
 
This little research project greatly enlightened me, but I think I will stock up on nutrition bars. I always try to accept people for whom and what they are. I do try not to be judgmental. However, feminists apparently believe the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest with a sharp knife. I hope they are as misguided with their aim as they are with their philosophy.
 
  Hope you all enjoy a Happy New Year!
 
. . .
 


Comments

  1. Shouldn't that be spelled msogynistic? The word was obviously coined by a man!

    Very nice rant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JOEH: You're right, swine that they are.

      Delete
  2. As you know, I have recently moved to the South. Where men are men and women are women. Somebody better tell these fine folks that they are all participating in the horror of traditional gender roles, which of course makes them all racists or chauvinist s or something awfully un-PC like that. God help us. We better call a liberal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jasmine: I am one of those guys who really enjoys having a wife, not a slave. It is hard to listen to that "stuff."

      Delete
  3. Why can't we all just get along!?

    To where did you move?

    I love your rants. Do always read them, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A-M: I'm getting closer. Maybe finally the four of us will hit the Keys for a couple of days this year? We are in Palm Coast. I was thinking of your wonderful Paris trip this past week. Remember Roger Miller's song, "You Can't Roller Skate in a Buffalo herd?" I guess we have to make our own happiness.

      Delete
  4. Emma Watson got it right, but she said it decades after Warren Farrell said it better in his book The Liberated Male. All of this feminism stuff seems archaic. Not that there isn't more to do for the ladies strapped into theIr burkas. Young women who talk like that are just being silly, as my son would say tongue in cheek, 'Shes's so pretty.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda: Well, I'm being silly too. It doesn't really bother me that much. However, when you mention burkas, the feminist hypocrisy is exposed. They should take up other causes than man bashing. Unfortunately, some women are slaves.

      Delete
  5. Linda: Well, I'm being silly too. It doesn't really bother me that much. However, when you mention burkas, the feminist hypocrisy is exposed. They should take up other causes than man bashing. Unfortunately, some women are slaves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, so happy to have you back again! You always have a humorous and wise way of brightening my day. All I can add to this delicious post is, how did they capture 3 females in a group and only 1 held a phone in her hand? Completely rare these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen: Great point! Perhaps, even as women, they understood and were interested in the game.

      Delete
  7. Welcome back JJ! It doesn't make sense that the commercial was pulled. There are so many raunchy commercials exploiting women that manage to slide through the radar. This definitely wasn't one of them. "Every guy wants to be bench pressed by his wife as often as possible," is a great line! Congrats on your move, JJ!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie: You got that right. Any exploitation is unacceptable. Those commercials should be the focus of feminist ire.

      Delete
  8. Welcome back! It's good to hear from you again.

    I was never in the feminists' camp. Sure, I was all for equal pay and all that stuff, but I once had a summer job at Bethlehem Steel where it was considered fair game for the men to whistle and hoot, and shoot rubber bands at my ass every time I walked past. I didn't think of their behavior as harassment... just a little childish. So I shot the bands right back at 'em. (I couldn't let THEM have all the fun!)

    For American women to make such a fuss over our "treatment" or "suppression" by men is ludicrous. If they want to take up a genuine cause on behalf of women of the world, there are plenty of issues worth addressing.

    As for that commercial... ??? I didn't see anything wrong with it. Actually, I think men get more of a raw deal on commercials. They're usually treated like know-nothing buffoons. And kids are portrayed as rude undisciplined brats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan: Ha Ha! So true. For sure there are enough idiot men to go around, but something tells me the commercial-complaining women were not even worth a shot with a rubber band. And yes, there are plenty of other issues to address.

      Delete
  9. I think these feminist ladies have gone so far crazy because they don't have much to rail against any longer. Women can succeed in the workplace. If they work hard, they can outpace a man in many fields (likely not ones that require physical labor, but still...). So, it's those sorts of places that the feminist of today sticks her nose (the ridiculous places). They need to find a new soapbox. Women can vote. Women can work for equal pay. Women can even be politicians and presidents in some countries, though not yet ours. The day is coming, though. (Please not Hillary.)

    One of the worst things to arise out of the whole feminist movement is the breakdown of the family. When there were gender roles, the men made enough to provide for the family. The women raised the children (let's face it: most times the women are better at that sort of thing). Even in dating, the rules were more or less clear. Now, not so much. As a single woman, dating is a lot more confusing with men not knowing their role in the process and women unsure of theirs.

    You've raised a really big question here. Is it better now than it was? In some ways, yes. In others, no. And that's because some people don't know when to quit trying to change things just for the sake of change. Change isn't always better. Sometimes it's just change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin: As you know, I am a guy who never looks down on women as being inferior. I have a good reason. They are not. The whole thing is confusing to me. You are right. Change should be for the better. Now if Hillary gets in, I may change planets. I almost left for Mars during her husband's reign as Cheater-in-Chief.

      Delete
  10. Dear JJ, good that you are back in blogland!
    The American feminists always surprise me - and I have a feeling that deep down it is a very Puritan view of things, fear of men, fear and dismissal of sexuality.
    I always thought it necessary to establish same pay for same work and other rights (though nowadays a lot of very qualified male friends of us are always(!) on place number 2 at a university selection of applicants, very frustrating when you have better things to offer, but being a man with even the same (!) qualification: they must(!) select the woman.) I am amused by the somehow hysterical reactions of sexual harrassment (I'm not speaking of rape or violence - I'm speaking of glances) well -- when I dress to get attention I cannot cry out "woolf!" then.. But I have the impression that has to do a lot with getting money out of men, or publicity.
    Some of my very best friends are men, some of my very best friends are women - I like to be with both of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Britta: Indeed, I am also confused, and I also have male and female friends. This is a strange new world.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Other Works by JJ Botta

My books are available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and numerous Bookstores. Amazon.com AND Barnes and Noble